How We Work
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK WITH TRINITY?
On this page we will show you the kind of results our clients have realized from working together; we'll give you a sense of our philosophy and how we're different than most financial advisory firms.
When you work with us you can expect to receive advice that is uniquely yours.
We don’t use generic calculators that make unrealistic projections about ‘average’ people; nor do we have cookie-cutter portfolios that all clients fall into. We apply long standing, core financial principles to each individual client’s unique desires, personality, and needs, to come up with advice that is meaningful on an individual basis.
For our retired or nearly-retired clients . . . we place great emphasis on designing investment plans that balance the short term desire for stable cash flow with the long term needs for capital growth. We believe that cash is king in retirement, and the primary goal is to provide reliable short-term cash flow so that maintaining current lifestyle is never a question. At the same time, we realize that the single greatest risk that most people face in retirement is the erosive effect of inflation. So maintaining a long-term investment with strong growth characteristics is balanced cash flow needs to create a cohesive investment strategy.
Typical TFP clients . . . realize hard dollar tax savings as a result of our proactive approach to tax planning. We have saved clients tens of thousands of dollars by our proactive tax philosophy. Unlike a typical tax preparer who merely reports the information a client provides them, we help clients make decisions based on projected tax liabilities. By assessing anticipated taxes during the current tax year, we help clients analyze possible changes before the tax return is due.
In the past we have helped clients:
- Avoid taxes when converting a $50,000 IRA to Roth, saving them $15,000 in taxes
- Effectively move $10,000 in taxable savings into their retirement plans, reducing current year taxes by $2500
- Use appreciated stock instead of cash to help pay both their children’s college loans, saving $3,000
- Re-arrange their investment locations (not changing the investment – merely putting them in the appropriate tax deferred or taxable accounts) so that their investment plan was the same, but they will avoid tax on $15,000 of income, saving $2250 in taxes
Trinity Financial Planning's philosophy . . . is to offer a truly holistic approach to the financial planning process and our commitment to fee-only financial advice.
We provide integrated advice . . . overseeing your investments with an eye on tax planning, making sure your insurance matches your risk profile, coordinating your beneficiary designations with your estate plan, addressing real estate as a function of overall wealth management.
When you're looking for a financial advisor these days there are a lot to choose from...
If you like the idea of working with a fee-only advisor, required by law to act in a fiduciary capacity, putting your best interests first – and a firm that embraces the whole financial life as critical to long-term success, go to Our Services page to learn about the specific services and programs we offer.
Our pledge to you:
- Holistic in outlook - We will consider all of your circumstances, family needs, goals, values, and aspirations when making recommendations.
- Professional in conduct - We will protect your privacy. We will strive to maintain the highest ethical standards possible in our work and life. We will continually enhance our skills and credentials through continuing education, and we will refer you to other professionals when you need help in an area outside our expertise.
- Educational in nature - We will guide you through your options and explain them clearly to help you make the best choices. We will always take the time to make sure you understand our advice.
- Independent in compensation - We will never sell you a product or service other than holistic financial planning nor will we take a commission or a referral fee from another professional. You will receive objective, unbiased advice from us.
- Committed to your success - Holistic financial planning is a process, not an event, and we commit to adjusting your plan as your life goals change.